Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Nothing

"What country am I from?"

"New Zealand"
"Canada"
"You from Australia"
"You are from Australia"
"You are from New Zealand"
"You are from Ohio"
"I am from Japan"
"You from Japan"
"She is America"
"She is from Canada"
"You are from New Zealand"
"She is from Australia"

Sorry. The correct answer is "You are from America."
Seriously, I mean... c'mon guys!



Not much going on lately.
Yesterday a 2nd year Junior High kid bit me as I tried to playfully cover his mouth during his very vocal version of charades.
Today a 1st year was curious about the “ph” in the spelling of “Alphabet” when it’s obviously an “f” sound.
Oh, the joys of teaching.

I got an international money order today. Took a while, but it was very easy and mostly just sitting and waiting while she typed up and printed things out. They have a set exchange rate though >.< 1 yen more than the current rate. Oh well, this a lot less hassle than sending it through a service and having to pay their fees AND bank fees.

As a surprise from my mom, I am going home for a week next week. I’m looking forward to it. I get to see my cats and eat tacos. Bliss.

Oh, and I found out my successor is from California. Maybe the America thing will stick in their heads after I go.

1 comment:

fraponais_these said...

Hi,

This is your successor from California =) I've been randomly trying to find info on Komono and I came across your blog. Do you mind if I bug you with some questions about Komono etc.?

My e-mail is NicoleMChapman(at)gmail.com

thanx,
Nicole