Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cherry Blossom viewing

Friday was another school party. This time the Junior High. Many of the teachers spoke to me for the first time. Alcohol lets you become friendly! I think they may like me more, now they know I do know some Japanese and they don't have to use English. The new English teacher is very bubbly and young, I hope we can hang out after school. I was invited to THE AFTER PARTY. Apparently, it is rare for JETs to be invited to these, so I was thrilled and of course I accepted! The BOE has asked Chris and I to do karaoke afterwards, but I'm not sure if that counts. Here, I chatted with the new principal and got a couple of cell phone email addresses and a new surfing buddy. I even sang a karaoke song in Japanese in hopes to impress.

After party:
IMG_1490IMG_1492IMG_1493

The new principal wanted me to drink whiskey with him, thankfully, that was not on the all you can drink menu that came with our room rental.

After being immobile on saturday, cut to sunday:

Cherry Blossom viewing!
Osaka-jo (Castle) is one of the best places to see sakura (cherry blossoms) in all of Japan. You bring a picnic or even a grill, and set up under some trees and watch the petals fall.

IMG_1507IMG_1499IMG_1505IMG_1504IMG_1503IMG_1500

VIDEO of the scene:


I'll leave you with the cute photo of the day, Farva eating a carrot:
IMG_1508

No comments: