Thursday, May 24, 2007

Back!

Ok I went back home for a few weeks, thus the absence. I'm glad 'fate' decided I should not stay, after I went home I didn't want to leave. I'll be going back in a couple more weeks for my real beach vacation, then back here for another 2 months (but only work for a couple of weeks=D ). A teacher asked me today if I could teach some 6th grade classes in my free periods. I looked at her in totally abject fear and said "maybe. I don't know yet, it depends". 4 classes is stressful enough, but 5 everyday? They've already started tacking some extra on in my last week there.

I'm outside on my porch now. The weather has gone from a steady 20C to 25 (mid 70s F) overnight and has been staying that way. I love it. It's starting to get hot and sticky and I will take that any day over the soulless cold that was here.

I'm noticing that I am admiring birds and flowers a lot more since being here. I think this has to do with the fact that my everday mode of transportation are my feet, so I can see things at a more leisurely speed. I also fashioned a DIY bird feeder. I wonder if any bird has eaten out of it yet.

On my way home a few weeks ago I saw the EvaAir Hello Kitty plane that goes to Taiwan. I think I need to go to Taiwan.
IMG_1578

I took some photos today on my walk home from work.

IMG_1686
A students shoe strategically placed on a hump of cracked blacktop... a block from the school.


IMG_1687
Rice fields!


IMG_1688
Komono's manhole covers. The antelope is our town's symbol, the ropeway is for our 'famous' ropeway... and I guess those are our 'famous' bird and flowers.

The man across the street has started his garden again. Although if I see any about-to-rot food, I'm jumping the hedge to get it! I watched too much fruit rot last summer there! I always think about stealing food from people's gardens when I see it's going to go bad soon. Why let it go to waste? I guess the gov't gives a subsidy if you use a spare lot for a garden, so to get the money people may not even tend it. grr!

Last night Farva was sleeping on his side, probably to keep cool. He was awoken with surprise!

IMG_1685


The sun is slowing moving out of view for my tan, so I guess that means I will go in now. Until next time!

OH! It's known for being pretty windy here....

No comments: