Thursday, March 22, 2007

Dear Teacher

Last Tuesday I found a little letter on my desk. Turned out to be from a 2nd year (8th grade). It says:

"Dear A teacher,
Hello, I write a letter to a foreigner for the first time today. Therefore I do not understand it while I should have written it how but want to try to write it to oneself. The study with a teacher was very pleasant every time. And I thought that it was very wonderful that study be a game. For this one year, thank you. It was a very pleasant class. I try English study hard from now on."

I wrote her a very encouraging letter back. Said she should travel the world.
For some reason, only half the students seem to remember my name (thus, "a teacher").

1 comment:

Jul said...

That's adorable! I wish I had saved crazy things like that from my TEFL days... my German students were great at inventing words (disturbtion, knowledgement... )