Thursday, March 29, 2007

Alcoholic Frieman Biker

What have I gotten myself into?

Today the town’s CIR from 3-4 years ago (Kate) came by to say hello to everyone. Her and I and her old supervisor went to the work cafeteria to have coffee and was joined by another man. He had a hangover. Kate’s ex-supervisor tells us he drinks all the time, calls him an alcoholic. Kate does not drink and I was asked if I liked sake. I said yes and gained approval. I was asked what my favorite Japanese food was, I said Curry Udon and the man was very impressed indeed. Turns out he is a firefighter. He tells me he has something wonderful to show me. After some suspense, it turns out to be his Harley. I gave a big smile and reaction to this because 1. I could understand it and 2. There is a Harley shop down (and verbally let that be known) the street so I often see motorcycles. Now he’s going on about how fast it is, how pretty it is form polishing it, how fast his friend’s goes, and oh, what’s this?! He has a second seat on his bike.

*Gulp*

I said I had never ridden a motorcycle before and he seemed surprised. While the prospect of a motorcycle ride is a bit thrilling, I think I’m more on the terrified side. Especially after all the stats on how fast he can go. Well, no matter. I’m barely in the office except for this week, in fact, I will probably never see him again! Phew! Oh wait… her old supervisor just told him where I live.

*face slap*

I did say I didn’t eat crab and he seemed pretty offended. Maybe that will be enough to make this 55 year old former “playboy” to not hunt me down for this ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom says: :0 Eeek!! Motorcycles, crazy drivers in Japan, old men, young and pretty adult girls!! None of those go together. Extra locks on your doors and no strange men in your apt. Those do go together. Hugs!!!! :)