Thursday, September 21, 2006

Random things

Not much to report. Just packing and double -checking everything for my trip to Tokyo tomorrow.

I was hanging laundry out to dry and got this picture:

balcony

Here is a shot of my desk mid-day at the Junior high

desk

And here is a video of the printing press copier. Because copy paper as we know it is very expensive there, newspaper-type paper is used. Most teachers use really big sheets. There are like 5 different sizes or more to choose from, its a headache.
So somehow, the machine thinks about it, copies it, and in printing-press style, shoots out copies way fast.

Heres the neat part. Say I had a work sheet I wanted to hand out. If I had 4 classes, each with 20 students, I would type in 4 x 20. "Great," you say. "Why the heck wouldn't you just type in 80?" WELL! This handy little machine now knows you have 4 classes. So instead of you counting & sorting out your pile of papers, it shoots a tab of paper in between your copies every 20 papers to seperate them, so you dont have to! Wow!

I know the resolution isnt perfect, I will fix it next time.

1 comment:

shinticre said...

wow, those jet calendars are ubiquitous.