Monday, September 18, 2006

A Day in Nagoya

Today on my monday off, I went to Osu Kannon Temple for their monthly flea market. I didnt buy anything and I didnt see the worlds largest wooden Kannon statue with 11 heads either, much to my shagrin. Kannon is the bodhisattva of compassion.

After lunch, I set out to Atsuta Shrine. This shrine is one of the top 3 most important shrines in Japan. It houses one of the three royal artifacts, the sword (the other two are a mirror and necklace). No one is ever allowed to see them, and you cant even get close to where it is. In fact, you cant even see the building its in! Its blocked by like, two other buildings.

atsutakame

atsutarockgarden

atsutatree1

atsutatree2

i then ate a giant bowl of shaved ice to cool down. So with numb mouth and ice headache abound, I went to the Nagoya's TV Tower.

kakigori

tvtower1

tvtower2

It was a very tiring day!

No comments: