Sunday, September 17, 2006

New camera

I'll spare you the details of my camera epic. All that matters is I have a new one and the little camera store down the street has my business 100%.

Upon hearing of the demise of my fish, my supervisor told me we were going to get fish yesterday. lots of pretty goldfish there, some kinds I have never seen (ever heard of a Ping Pong Pearl fish?!)



So while I was mulling over which fish I wanted, what would be the easiest to care for, if I even wanted any.. I wandered over for the small animal section. I now have a hamster.

(new camera + new hamster= hamster pictures!)

hamu1

hamu2

He is a Winter White Russian dwarf hamster. This means his fur will change white in the winter! cool! The pet store obviously did not know this ( I guess they are often confused with a more common breed), otherwise he would not have been $4.
ps- the hamster, cage, food, accessories, etc, TOGETHER were about the same price as ONE of the easiest to care for fish.

I also saw pink Hello Kitty kitty litter there.

Wait, you want some culture? He is some chestnut trees across the street.

chestnuttree

I went with Matsunaga (my supervisor) tonight to a recreation of an old Japanese street performance. I was under the impression that there woud be people cutting fruit with swords (maybe because he told me this?). no such luck. Still was entertaining though.


bananaman

Here are two papers put ut by the 3rd and 4th grade about me.

paper1

paper2



(I may be changing my photo account, as I can only have 3 free sets. grr)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jhenn, you totally don't know me, but i stumbled across your blog the other day, and i really love it. i've never really been to japan, but i had to stop at the narita airport outside of tokyo a couple of months back on my way to china. i really wished i could have kicked around japan for a while! i'm thinking about going to japan after i get my teaching degree in january, so maybe that's why i'm so into it. how did you get hooked up with the program you're working for? if you feel like it, maybe you could impart some wisdom on how to get working in japan. my email = edgraf@gmail.com
bye! from ed in canada
p.s. your writing is really rad.

Anonymous said...

Ed is right, your blog is rad! Its like watching the Travel Channel with Jhenn the Webkitten as your host.

Anonymous said...

the addition of culture is great!!!