Monday, August 14, 2006

Address update and more


Address update!
Mie ken Mie Gun Komono-cho Komono ####-##
Tokiwa no Gaaden Haitsu A-2B
###-####

Obviously fill in the proper numbers. ITs all the same, I just didn't have the A-2B part. ANy questions email me (email is in my "Profile")



Just another scene riding the train home.

So far in Japan I have had NO Chocolate! Not too many sweets either. I don't know how I'm still alive!

I love my bike. Its brand new, bright orange, has a bell, a light for night time, and a big basket I put all mky goodies I buy in. Its smooth ridin'.

Japan is full of weird smells. Mostly bad. Raw fish, dead fish, sewage, and unidentifiable stank are often wafting along the road. In the morning my kitchen often is filled with a weird smell. The humidity is only amplifiying maybe these smells that wouldn't be so bad.

Japan is nuts about recycling, which is great. Regular burnable trash, plastic bottles, plastic (including the wrapper around the plastic bottles), paper, cardboard, glass, electronics, cans, aluminum, etc all get their OWN special bag and each come on a DIFFERENT DAY. I am often checking if that morning is a certain trash day.

However, everything is prewrapped. Things that are wrapped have more wrapped items inside. Its really ridiculous. If they didnt waste so much with so much prepackaging, maybe they wouldnt have to recycle as often. It kind of defeats the purpose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they not have choclate in Japan? Since I live "Downriver" from the rouge plant and other Detroit factories, some days smell like sulfur, and when its really humid, theres a fine sulfury smelling film on everything.

Burn some incense and spray some Oust or whatever similar product there is in Japan.

Anonymous said...

hey... oh man that train brings back so many memories.. that has to be the yunoyama-onsen line... there's no one on it!!!