Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Free Willy

I was sad to leave behind my first garden at home, which was blooming readily and giving us many goodies to eat.
So I took it upon myself to have another one! We have a rare and lovely little plot instead of a plain balcony behind our apartment.



So I bought a little shovel and rake and put all my energy into making a nice little area.



I know it is a little late to plant things, but since weather is a little milder here, I'm hoping for the best. In the meantime, I have also planted some of them indoors to keep them growing.



In the garden I have: Cosmos, Marigolds, Morning Glories, Mini tomatoes, Mini carrots and one potato.
The indoor pots are: Cosmos, Marigolds, Mini tomatoes, Mini carrots, and basil.

It's been 3 days, and the Cosmos have 4 sprouts indoors and one in the garden. It's very exciting!

Also in the garden, there is a little brown lizard that hangs around, comes and goes. I see him about every two days and then he scurries off. I've named him Willy.
Last night, Ed and I were watching a movie when he says something very quickly and looks toward the wall. I look and see a flash of something big and brown before it dives behind some shelving. Thoughts of a cicada or other horrible exoskeleton-ed creature flashed through my head. Before I could scoot away and quell a scream in my throat, he said it was a lizard.
A lizard I can deal with! (It's only the creatures with over 4 legs that want to eat your face!) I assumed it was Willy, a three inch long little lizard with curious black eyes. He must have come in earlier when the wash was being hung up. Roles were reversed and Ed brought me some tupperware and stood a small distance away. I scooped him up and set him free outside. I freed Willy!


Where's Willy?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you and the wildlife can coexist. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

FROM CRYSTAL
can't a gila monster eat your face?

Tamakikat said...

Welcome back.

Sounds like you've settled right back in.

Give us a holler if you're heading down here to Kyoto.

Anonymous said...

you no speaky

Anonymous said...

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger