Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August

August is here. (and so is the new Aug 07 photo set!) I am now unemployed and living with my boyfriend until September at which time I will be returning to the motherland, probably still unemployed (but I hope not). It's also super hot and humid.

I saw the best fireworks ever in Osaka. 45 minutes of non-stop environmentally damaging eye candy! And the there were sooooooooooooo many people.

yodogawafireworks

IMG_2396IMG_2397IMG_2408IMG_2413IMG_2391

Videos of the finale!



Aug 13-15 is Obon, a time when spirits come to visit. Lanterns are used to guide the spirits home, and on the last day bonfires are made to cast them back. Nara had a huge beautiful light up. I went with some friends and brought the new JETs along!
IMG_2468
IMG_2477
IMG_2484
IMG_2490

There was also a beach party to welcome the new JETs.
IMG_2451

AUGUST PHOTO SLIDE SHOW

No comments: