Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Vitamin P

Many kids at school have been coughing and hacking last week. I upped the OJ intake, but to no avail. I could feel my body crapping out on me. So I went to get some vitamins. Upon seeing the selection, I found some Hello Kitty vitamin C pills. I paid more for the brand name, than the actual product.. but it came with a free sticker! While inspecting these immune-boosters.. I noticed they were also fortified with Vitamin P. Uhhh.. what? With a little research, I found out Vitamin P is really a grouping of bioflavinoids, called a vitamin for ease. yea ok. the more you know!

Ok pictures:
IMG_0193
The winners of PARTY DONKEY BINGO. 3rd grade.

IMG_0202
My elementary office

IMG_0205
My quaint tiny little train station


Friday I hopped a train to go to the middle of the prefecture to visit some friends. On the way there, I captured this:

IMG_0209

That night I hung out with a bunch of other JETs. We made salad, pasta, and soup, and had some drinks together. It was very nice as you can tell.

IMG_0215
I don't remember the conversation, but its not what you think!

Saturday I went to Ueno, birthplace of Ninjas and theres a ninja museum even! Unfortunately, I did not go. The town is full of Ninja-themed things, which is very entertaining!
IMG_0222
a ninja lady train! there is also a pink one.

IMG_0255
A window on the train

IMG_0262
A disturbing ad on a train

IMG_0224
A tree in Ueno

Later that night, a bunch of us went to Ueno-castle where a free Noh play was being performed. And free sake was being handed out on this chilly night!

IMG_0243
Noh being performed with the castle in the background.

Other craziness seen:
IMG_0254
A mohawk hoodie for weiner dogs

IMG_0263
A giant pixie (oxymoron?) in a tree

IMG_0270
Probably the best little kid PJs ever.

IMG_0268
Arrested by Officier Sonic

Sunday I went on a shopping with Ed determined to find some sort of jacket as its getting colder at night. I ended up with "To's Mexican Food" Hoodie.

IMG_0281
HAHA GET IT (To's, toes, see his toes?)

IMG_0284
The tag that came with it. How could I not buy it? Reminds me of the singing hotdog from the short lived Perfect Hair Forever:

Lalaa laalaaa laa la la laaa

"LOVE BURGER" was a close second, but it was bright green, I can't handle that. I also bought a red hat and red scarf. I'm set for now!

I've been teaching the 5th and 6th graders slang. I think they enjoy it, even if they don't remember it. It practical English to use with friends, not BS lame English.

IMG_0274
Here is my 5th graders playing the WEATHER BATTLE card game. They ask eachother how the weather is (pointing to different cards) and then they play rock paper scisors to win the cards off of eachother. how educational!

Tomorrow I got to my 3rd school. I have no been here yet. Ugh. I have to ride my bike up a big hill! It's probably going to be raining too. URG!

As always, more pictures here!
2 months down!

No comments: